The main purpose of the oily water separator is to separate the hydrocarbons from oily water coming from the bilge of a ship and deliver a cleaner effluent that can be discharged overboard according to IMO MEPC 107(49) regulation.
The OWSAN series uses a coalescent filter in the first stage to separate the hydrocarbons by gravity and an adsorption filter in the second stage acting as emulsion breaker.
Detegasa’s Oily Water Separator (OWSAN series) has been designed to assure an excellent performance under the strictest conditions.
Furthermore, spare parts replacement and maintenance needs are minimum.
Renowned clients like DSME, Hyundai HI, Samsung and Total Offshore have experienced the engineering capabilities of Detegasa for special offshore projects, with different hazardous zone requirements and specific logistic needs.
Always aiming to provide solutions that comply with present and future regulations, Detegasa has been granted the DNV Clean Design 5ppm type approval certificate for the complete OWSAN series.
The OWSAN Oily Water Separator will more than meet the strictest regulations requirements, as demonstrated in the final tests, where a reduction well below 2ppm was obtained
Oil water separators:
Main Features & Advantages
- Wide range of capacities. From 0,5m3/hr to 12.5m3/hr.
- Suction type pump to avoid emulsions.
- Great saving on consumables: the continuous water quality check at both stages ensures that adsorption filters are bypassed whenever possible.
- No high speed moving parts which result in less maintenance and lower costs
- First class components.
- Compact design for newbuilding projects.
- Modular solutions for retrofitting projects with reduced pathways
- Customized designs for Offshore and Military applications
- Fully Type Approved by Class Societies DNV, ABS and Russian Register of Shipping.
- Easy installation.
- Fully automatic operation
- Reliable performance
- Low maintenance requirements
- Worldwide service of spare parts and technical assistance through our agent network.
- Commercial & Merchant Vessels (10)
- Corporate (44)
- Inland Applications (3)
- Navy Vessels (10)
- News & Events (69)
- Offshore industries (4)
- Products (21)
- Reference & Case Studies (25)
- Sin categoría (14)
Recently, Detegasa has obtained the type approval certificate from the Polish Register of Shipping for teh complete family of...
In 2018, Detegasa will be present again in the ninth edition of the Seatrade Maritime Middle East, the largest...
A delegation of the Spanish Ministry of Defence, led by Admiral Santiago Ramón González Gómez (DGAM) visits Detegasa’s booth...
DETEGASA will be part of the sponsors of the Army Awards in its next edition. These awards, whose initiative...